We are now several weeks into the start of the 2019-2020 school year. The year is off to a great start! We have approximately 170 students enrolled, from K-12. Some highlights from the first few weeks have been:
- Apple Fundraiser – the apples arrived on October 7th.
- FCC Food Drive – Ms. Morran’s Grade 5&6 class initiated a food drive to collect non-perishable items for the local food bank.
- MHSAA – Our varsity soccer team will be heading to provincials next week. They won the first ever banner for MCS in MHSAA sports! Congrats boys! Our volleyball teams, both male and female, are participating in various tournaments around the Interlake. They have been competing well and having fun! One student participated in a track and field event this fall. There will be more of that in the spring.
- Canadian Food Grains Bank – our middle school classes were spectators at the annual combining of the Canadian Food Grains Bank field just down the road from the school.
- No School Days – Friday, October 11 (PD Day), Monday, October 13 (Thanksgiving), Friday, October 25 (SAGE PD)
- Pizza Day – Tuesday, October 22 – to celebrate selling over 700 boxes of apples, students and staff will be enjoying pizza together!
- Picture Day – Tuesday, October 29