A few highlights from February:
- “I Love to Read Month” in the elementary school – We had guest readers (including our local MLA, a paramedic, a pastor, and a few parents) come in to various classes and read books, teachers swapped classrooms for story time, D.E.A.R. (Drop Everything and Read), high school students came to read in the elementary classes and a few classes had read-a-thons.
- Valentine’s Parties, 100th Day parties and broomball tournaments have been a big part of February.
- The staff attended a workshop put on by KC Dyslexic Learning Centre, as well as an ACSI Professional Development day.
A few things to note about March:
- High school students received their roles for the upcoming Spring Concert happening on May 9 & 10. This year they are working on the musical “Fiddler on the Roof”.
- Lots of five day weeks in March! (if the weather stays nice, that is) Spring Break falls on March 25-29.